Breathtaking views from The Swag's Gooseberry Knob highlight the resort's abundant scenery
The Swag, a luxury mountaintop resort in Waynesville, North Carolina, was recently named to Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious “Top 40 Hotels in the South” list as part of its “Best in the World” issue.
Based on rankings in the categories of rooms, service, food, location, design and activities, The Swag placed seventh with a ranking by the magazine’s readers of 94.0 out of a possible 100.
Others on the top 40 listing included (ranking – score):
- 21c Museum Hotel, Louisville (1 – 96.8)
- Fearrington House Inn, Pittsboro (2 – 96.7)
- French Quarter Inn, Charleston (3 – 96.6)
- Harbour View Inn, Charleston (4 – 95.5)
- John Rutledge House Inn, Charleston (5 – tie – 94.5)
- Lorien Hotel & Spa, Alexandria (5 – tie – 94.5)
- The Swag, Waynesville (7 – 94.0)
- Planters Inn, Charleston (8 – 93.2)
- Foley House Inn, Savannah (9 – tie – 92.5)
- Market Pavilion Hotel, Charleston (9 – tie – 92.5)
The Swag is the highest mountaintop resort in the Eastern United States sitting at an elevation of 5,000 feet. In addition to the recent accolade from Condé Nast Traveler, The Swag has been ranked as one of the elite resorts in the world by Departures, the Andrew Harper Hideaway Report Top 20, and National Geographic Traveler.
Article link: http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-choice-awards/united-states/top-40-hotels-south-usa
Erin Freeman, Ackermann PR
Phone: (865) 584-0550